by Brittany McSorley
Have you already burned through the back catalog of remarkable blog posts on your favorite Cape Cod marketing firm’s website? Then you’re probably looking for more things to do as we all continue to stay home. For those times when you aren’t checking things off your small business to-do list or trying to remember how much you love your spouse, there are plenty of free ways to spend time at home. Check out our recommendations (some productive, some just plain fun) below.
- Take a virtual ride on Walt Disney World’s Space Mountain. Avoiding motion sickness and lines? Sign us up.
- Finally learn how to play that guitar you bought optimistically years ago.
- Let the master of calm, Bob Ross, soothe your soul and create something beautiful.
- Spend a week watching the best of Broadway from the best seats in the house.
- Turn yourself into a Renaissance painting. Fair warning: We can’t promise it’s going to be pretty.
- Take a deep breath with an array of meditation guides.
- Tour the Sydney Opera House, Eiffel Tower, Taj Mahal, almost any museum, and much more through Google Arts & Culture.
- Hang out with the pandas at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo. They don’t seem upset about any of this.
- Or head under the sea to an Australian reef for a beautiful deep dive.
- Visit the Grand Canyon and many of its fellow national parks.
- Avoid the crowds at a gorgeous Russian palace.
- Sharpen your mind with a weekly trivia event, a welcome reprieve for competitive people stuck at home with those who refuse to indulge them.
- Visit the Seattle Symphony for a dose of culture.
- Pass the time with America’s pastime, courtesy of Ken Burns.
- Catch the Northern Lights without needing a parka.
- Finally learn to cook like a pro … or to recreate TV- and movie-famous dishes.
- Ride the subway (peacefully, for once).
- Hike the Great Wall without breaking a sweat.
- And study at Harvard, just like you’ve always wanted to.
And if none of these options catch your interest, there’s always reading those entertaining blog posts again.